Tuesday, August 31, 2010

AVON Customer Email Scam: Be Aware!

On Sunday, I received two contact requests via my AVON website.  These requests were from seemingly normal customers wanting to order products from me.  I sent them a reply message giving them my order site address and offering to help them, and I received these replies back:


Hello,

    Good to hear from you.My name is Sandra Smith,I am from Maryland but will be coming to Oklahoma for a showbiz.We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below is the list of items needed:


FRAGRANCE

Simple Elements Meadow Dew Eau de Toilette Splash................(3)    ORDER

In Bloom(Resse Witherspoon).........................................(2)

Petal by Cynthia Rowley Eau de Toilette Spray.....................(3)

Bond Girl 007..........................................................(2)



MAKEUP

ANEW Youth-Awakening

Lipstick........................................(2)............(Sunset
pink)

ANEW Wrinkle Zone Line Smoothing

Duo............................(2)..............(Deep)

12-in-1 Eye Palette & Super Curlacious Mascara
Duo.................(2)................(Navy Blue or Black)


  I would need to know the total of all the  products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After  you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we need these items there in your city Oklahoma  before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival at Oklahoma ..I hope to read from you soon with all details required..

1- Name to be written on the certified check
2- Mailing address , No p.o.box
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State

Thank you and enjoy your day.

Due Regards.

Sandra Smith
(Assistant Personnel Manager)
BELA NOVA MODEL MANAGEMENT
206 N LIBERTY ST # 3
BALTIMORE, MD 21201


and the next reply was this one:

Thanks for your willingness to serving me,I need you to order this products for me....



3 pieces of the Men's Diamond Accent Watch with code(018-530)Genuine which is $39.99 online

3 pieces of the Girls Leather Cushion Walk® Shoe Cute & comfortable..which is $14.99 online(sizes 13...with code..540-990)

3 pieces of the Cuisinart® Mini Prep Plus Processor..with code...962-933...which is $39.99



      Here are the products i want to order .So i want you to email me
the total cost (amount) of the products Please add your shipping cost
wth it.. You should also get back to me with your full name, address
,city ,state ,code and phone number#  for facilitation of the
payment...Please include your phone number ..Thanks.




Highly suspicious stuff, considering the broken English and requests for personal contact information.  I did the research, by Googling the term "Avon email scam", and came up with a couple of links detailing the scam.  Please read these, and educate yourselves, my Avonlings.  I do not want this happening to any of you!





Just remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!!  Though you will probably be tempted to reply to these messages, even if it's merely to give them a piece of your mind, it's best not to.  Just because they aren't scamming you out of your hard earned AVON money, doesn't mean they won't sell your contact information and email address to third parties to earn a buck!  Be safe, and good luck to those of you who are out there trying to earn an honest living.  

Beauty is as beauty does,

Jen <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment